Nicholas Lodge Classes

Decorating By Yankie Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 12:03am by icer101

Yankie Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 12

I'm considering taking the 3 day fondant introduction class. Just wonderng if anyone on here has taken it and how did it go.

11 replies
dchockeyguy Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 12

I don't think there's such a thing as a bad class from Nick. I've taken a couple of classes from him in Atlanta, as well as at ICES. He DOES move a little quickly, so be ready for that. But he gives awesome tips as you go along.

Yankie Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 12

Yeah, thats where I would be taking the classes since I live here in Atlanta...I thought why not..since i'm around the corner...thanks!!

Jenn2179 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 12

I haven't taken that one but I have taken a week long gumpaste flower class at the Wilton school and it was AWESOME!

mlwideman Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 12

I absolutely love taking classes with Nicholas Lodge. I have taken the one you mentioned and it was fantastic. You learn a lot of techniques such as draping, embossing, painting, gumpaste/fondant ribbon insertion, frilling, bows, etc. They have snacks, and drinks throughout the day and Scott makes a wonderful lunch everyday and fresh baked cookies in the afternoon.

linstead Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 12

Nick's classes are AAAAAA++++++++!!!!

DanaG21 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 12

I would take any class offered by him. I took his wedding flower class at cake camp and it was great. He does go fast but gives you great instructions to take with you. He is very organized and prepared.

ibmoser Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 12

Have to hop in here with a vote for any class you can get into - he is a marvelous teacher, very organized and focused, yet patient with beginners or less-experienced students. You'll learn so much, and he will earn every penny you spend with his teaching ability and experience thumbs_up.gif . His staff is friendly and helpful. Just be sure to set up a home equity loan before you go into his store icon_rolleyes.gif

Rusti Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 12

I have not had the pleasure of taking one of his classes yet but I do have some of his DVD tutorials and love them.

linstead Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 10:26pm
post #10 of 12

And I have heard that Scott bakes chocolate chip cookies for everyone in the class!!!!

Yankie Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:36pm
post #11 of 12

Well, im going to the store this weekend and i will sign up for the class..I cant wait to start!!

icer101 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 12:03am
post #12 of 12

I have taken several classes with nick. I am going to take a 2 day class in sept . in charlotte nc. with him also. A friend and i went to his school in atlanta 2 summers ago. It was absolutely wonderful. Scot cooks lunch and then cookies in the afternoon. You are treated like royalty.Everything is right there for you to work with, even when he travels to teach. You will love it too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%