Business Cards

Business By MandyCakez Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 12:05pm by ncsmorris

MandyCakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyCakez Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 10

What did you all put on your business cards if you've made them?Should you put your address?I was thinking just your e-mail and phone number,maybe?Also did you design a graphic or just use a picture of a cake you decorated?

Thanks...i'm very new to all this. icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 10

I didn't see the point of putting my address on there, since I don't have a retail bakery. I don't want people randomly stopping by my house thinking they can buy some cake.

I had a logo done and put that on the card with phone and e-mail.

MandyCakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyCakez Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 10

That's what i was thinking too...i really don't want anybody just stopping by. icon_confused.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 10

The first thing we put on our business card (after our logo) was our key differentiator: in our case it's allergen-free baking, but if you have an exclusive flavor or product you should highlight it.

We also don't have a retail shop so we did not put our address on the card. We would prefer people visit our web site first before emailing or calling, so we put the web address in bold.

A picture of our actual business card is at the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonkraft/4942768860/

We used VistaPrint to print them, they have pretty good prices. I have a background in graphic design so I designed it myself in Photoshop.

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

I didn't see the point of putting my address on there, since I don't have a retail bakery. I don't want people randomly stopping by my house thinking they can buy some cake.

I had a logo done and put that on the card with phone and e-mail.

This is what I did too.

GypsyQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GypsyQueen Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 2:36am
post #6 of 10

I suggest the print at home type cards because you can change the information as much as you want, print out different variations of the business card for different purposes, and print as many as you would like without obligation to a bulk amount. Too often information changes and then you're stuck with a box full of business cards that you cant even use.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 7:44am
post #7 of 10

I put my number, email, and website. I don't have a retail shop so I'll be waiting on adding the address. I also elected not to hire a graphic designer because I figured I could do my own design free and it worked great-I designed my logo and picture and then just scanned it into the computer and used it on my brochures, cards, etc. icon_smile.gif

cakelife_brighton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelife_brighton Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 8:32am
post #8 of 10

I put my name email and phone number on my business cards for www.cakelife.co.uk, i didnt see the point of adding my address as i would prefer to deliver the cakes to the client.

GGx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GGx1 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 10:37am
post #9 of 10

Same here, no address. I used Vistaprint too. The only thing I would like to have changed was to showcase more than one cake of my own, or have random cakes on each card, like 4 diff ones tat rotated. Like they do with checks, 4 designs. Vistaprint always has where you get "FREE" cards just pay S&H. I pay like $6 for 250 cards.

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 12:05pm
post #10 of 10

I agree with most of what was stated above. No address, as I don't want people randomly showing up to my home. E-mail, website, and phone number was sufficient.

I also used VistaPrint - their prices really can't be beat. The quality is satisfactory, not great, but that was acceptable for me.

I did, however, have my logo designed. I tried to do a little logo design myself and I thought the outcome was OK but I wasn't really excited about it. So, I placed a little ad that I was looking for an inexpensive logo design and got a design student to do it for me for $50 (she included unlimited edits until I was satisfied). Well, of the first designs that she sent me, there was one I was immediately in love with, so I knew it was money well spent. Just my personal experience.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%