Gummy Fondant Under Cake Board?

Decorating By AngelinaMomof3 Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 12:42pm by AngelinaMomof3

AngelinaMomof3 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 10:49am
post #1 of 3

Is this normal? I realize it's probably the heat between the cakes, or that they were in large rooms with no AC.. But I'm wondering if my support needs to lift the tiers up more so that the boards aren't resting on the fondant on the tier below them? Anyone else have this problem?

2 replies
patticakesnc Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:27am
post #2 of 3

I haven't had that problem. I stack mine straight on the fondant. You are saying heat between the cakes? Are your cakes not completely cooked before stacking them? I make sure mine are cool til they are cold, no warmth whatsoever. Although humidity could have been a factor with no AC, but I haven't had that happen either. The only time I had fondant turn gummy like that was the cake was in the fridge I took it out and the condensation that got on it where it was touching the cake box just melted the fondant. So if you had a lot of humidity that is a consideration.

AngelinaMomof3 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 3

Oh no they're completely cooled, I let them rest a day. I mean heat as in temperature in the room. It was pretty hot in the room of the last baby shower and when I went to separate the tiers the bottom tier that had two tiers on top of it was gummy under the board.

Quote by @%username% on %date%