Black Roses Out Of Gumpaste Or Fondant?

Decorating By cyncamp Updated 4 Sep 2010 , 5:27am by xoxodeexoxo

cyncamp Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 10:27am
post #1 of 3

I need to make a dozen black roses for an upcoming wedding cake. I'm used to making them with gp but since I'd have to colour it black (and I HATE tinting to black), I was wondering if anyone thought black fondant roses (made by hand, no cutters) would be ok? Any advice or tips greatly appreciated!

2 replies
Occther Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:07am
post #2 of 3

Why not add tylose to the black fondant to make it into gumpaste?

xoxodeexoxo Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 5:27am
post #3 of 3

Not sure if you actually did the cake yet, but I agree why not do the blk roses.
Since your right black is one of those HARD colors to get, time comsuming etc...
I actually invested in a small bucket of Satin Ice already made fondant in BLACK, therefore, whenever I need black it's ready to use.
Infact, I was thinking of getting red too...but so far I haven't used ALOT and red isn't too bad to get too...just depends on how dark of a RED.

Hope this helps icon_razz.gif

Here is my first try actually at a rose, and I made a whole cake with pink and blk roses , and also blk and pink balls, as a border (i tried to make a pearl like border, but they weren't all the same size..oh well)

I can't tell if it posted, I did it twice....if u want the pic I have it and can send to e-mail.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%