Best Cupcake Decorating Book Out There?

Baking By cakesbykitty Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 4:06am by butterlove

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 3:51am
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for a good, high end book on artistic cupcake decorating. A few killer recipes in it would be a lovely bonus. IDEAS?

3 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 4

Search the internet. That is where I found my best recipes and ideas. It is amazing what is out there.

SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 4

I have the "Hello, Cupcake" and "what's new, cupcake" books. While I don't use many actual designs of theirs, I do get a lot of inspiration from them.

butterlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterlove Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:06am
post #4 of 4

Planet Cake is releasing a cupcake book soon. I found that the Book Depository US is offering a really good pre-order price on it - 50% off now, I think. Their first book was really nice. Good, solid cake recipes.
They are a designer cakeshop in Sydney, Australia and I had the great fortune of having my wedding cake made by them. It tasted great and looked fantastic. They also made cakes for celebrities like Nicole Kidman, etc.

I also love all the books by Peggy Porschen. Very classy creations that look manageable to make. If anything, they're a feast for the eyes. Peggy Porschen has an amazing eye for colour. I could just look at her books all day long. You'll get raves just leaving her books on the coffee table.
She doesn't do just cupcakes but the colour palettes and ideas can easily be translated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%