My Litte Cake Shop And Out Door Kitchen

Decorating By mszig01 Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 1:33am by tokazodo

mszig01 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:23am
post #1 of 2

Cake Shop for me and friends and family - no business or regular customers. Out door kitchens is a southern tradition it is really a 2nd kitchen in a other building away your house.
So I am trying to figure out what type of organization I will need.
So I though if everyone knows of a way to organize their cake decorating supplies, maybe they will add to this post so everyone can use these ideas with organizing their supplies. My 1st idea!

1) Organize your cake board ribbons. Use a Swing Arm Slack Hanger $8.99 you can purchase @ The Container Store. Found tip on the internet..
I usually use 3 Boards then wrap and add ribbon.

1 reply
tokazodo Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:33am
post #2 of 2

I purchased a lime green tool box at Wal-mart for about $6.00.
It was cheaper then the name brand tool box but it doesn't hold my pastry tips. I keep those in another container.
But my tool box holds my paint brushes for fondant, my hammer for spiking tiered cakes, my spatulas, my small fondant cutters, scissors, tape, straws for tier cakes, a plastic ruler, rose nails, etc...There are even small compartments on the top of the box, similar to a tackle box which hold my Wilton food coloring pastes, perfectly!
It was the best six bucks I've ever spent!

Whenever I have to set up a cake, I just grab my tool box and go! It was very handy when I traveled to Ohio to make my son's wedding cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%