Need Large Sunflower Tutorial

Decorating By 2sweetcookies Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 7:21pm by cutthecake

2sweetcookies Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 5

I am looking for instuctions to make a large sunflower using the single petal cutter. I have searched endlessly with no luck, I have found every flower except the large sunflower. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

4 replies
icer101 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:33am
post #2 of 5

There is a large sunflower cutter and instructions. I have it. I got it from nick lodge. You tape 4 22g wire together.
.Then prong them out. Then take dk. br. paste and make a big ball, then, flatten this out. Use a veiner of some kind. or tiny pair of scissores and prick in top. Turn over, press these prongs into this icing.. Then take golden yellow paste , roll thin. Cut with single cutter , sorta looks like a lily cutter(narrow). Insert about a 24 g. wire. Lay on pad and take ball tool and go around edges to thin and make movement. Insert around brown center. Can make tow rows. second row, the petals are in between the first row of petal. Take a 16 oz. plastic cup. take thin foil and cover top, letting it hang little loose, not tight across the cup top. lay this sunflower in this cup and let dry. Petal dust the petals, just lightly with burnt orange dust. I put a mixture of corn meal with dusting powder(dk. br. on top of the center. You also can sprinkle little mixtrure of corn meal with golden yellow dust mixed on top of this ( sorta to the left of the center. Dab a little glue or water first , to make the br. and yellow stay.hth

2sweetcookies Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 5

icer101 wow thanks so much, I never thought about sticking the petals into the center with wire Nicholas Lodges" dvd looks pretty good and affordable. I have actually been eyeing Scott Clark Woolleys web site, his dvds are a little pricey i'm sure they are worth it though. I was about to get his sunflower cutter and center mold. thanks for the info.
tokazodo The first two links just brought me to the cc home page, I did check out globalsugar art, I usaully get my order from them in a day, awesome!

cutthecake Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 5

I have used this tutorial for making large Gerbera daisies. It uses the whole-flower cutter, not the individual petal cutter. It's very easy to do, and the flowers turned out very real-looking. It's another option to consider.

Click here: Google Image Result for

Quote by @%username% on %date%