Ron Ben Israel Cake Ideas

Decorating By gbbaker Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 11:25pm by gbbaker

gbbaker Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 3

I have a bride that likes the Ron Ben Israel white and gold cake http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=3018672&id=111752518573&ref=fbx_album
. I was going to use silicone molds, easy to use the cost is higher than I wanted. I found some cel shape molds(very inexpensive) not sure if those would be easy to use and get the gumpaste out of. My last thought was Cricut cake, I saw Carrie's cake video on her advanced use of the cricut . Has anyone seen this video or used a cricut to do a cake like this? Thanks.

2 replies
ibmoser Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 3

Is that not a beautiful cake?!? I love his work. The Cel-shapes do work, but they require a bit of effort. The digital cutters can produce some amazingly detailed cut-outs, but they are flat and lack the dimension of RBI's work. You could overpipe some details on the Cricut cut-outs - think that Two Sweet Sisters (whatever their new name is) enhances with overpiping. Earlene Moore has just come out with molds that have the overpiped look - check out her site.

gbbaker Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, I really need dimension on this cake I think I will try some of the cel forms.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%