Freezing Fondant Cakes & Cupcakes...

Decorating By Tracy7953 Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 6:14am by apetricek

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 5:12am
post #1 of 2

I cannot find previous posts on how to freeze fondant covered cakes and cupcakes anywhere. I know it has been discussed many times before. I am stuck with an order for a cake and 100 cuppies and need to do something with it (besides throw it at the gal who didn't show up!) Does anyone know where I can find the info?

1 reply
apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 6:14am
post #2 of 2

OMG I totally know how p*$$ed you are right now. I had a customer at Mother's Day do that to me....I would also love to know the answer to this. I have a client that wants to get a fondant cake from me the problem is that I will be on vacation the weekend that she needs the cake. She is willing to get it the weekend before, and even buy a new freezer just for the cake. I hope that someone can tell us. Sorry I didn't have the answer for you, but wanted to know that I totally understand your frustration. I have frozen buttercream/fully decorated cakes with fondant accents, with no problem. My customer in the past put it in the fridge a day or so before the party, then let it sit out...but totally would not sure about fondant....sorry for the rambling...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%