Rkt Questions!

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 4:35pm by quietude

step0nmi Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:29am
post #1 of 6

This week I have to make RKT's for a cake I'm making for my Dad's 50th birthday. The last time I made them was to help my husband with my frog cake icon_lol.gif

I am putting a trophy on top of a field...I always see the shows add on RKT's to things after the cake. Which would be better in this case: to make the trophy stand on the dowel before attaching to the cake OR building and carving the trophy after adding to the dowel on the cake? for some reason I just can't figure this out!!! icon_confused.gif

also, is there a special recipe for RKTs for cake making...or do you just omit butter?

thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
step0nmi Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 6

anyone? or did I put this in the wrong spot icon_confused.gif

Cake_Bliss Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not sure which would be better to do but I am sure someone that knows will post for youicon_smile.gif I have read on here about people using cholate with the treats to get it smoother. I will see if I can find the link for youicon_smile.gif

Cake_Bliss Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 6
step0nmi Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Bliss

Here is a link and it has links in it as wellicon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=692035&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

thanks! yea...that has a lot of great tips on recipes.

anyone got tips on how I should go about making the base of this trophy???

quietude Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 6

I would add the trophy afterwards. Just be sure to leave enough of the dowel sticking out to firmly secure it - HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%