Can You Refreeze

Lounge By summersusu Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 8:45pm by summersusu

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 5

I made a cake to cut petite fours out of. Baked it, froze it.......I thawed it, filled it and then tried to cut a few petite fours. Realized it wasn't going to work so I wrapped it and put it back in the freezer.....that was two weeks ago....you think I can use it for a flip flop cake now or is it no good? Remember it has BC in the middle of it...that is what I filled it with before refreezing it.

4 replies
lynndy-lou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynndy-lou Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 5

As a general food rule you dont refreeze anything

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 5

It should be absolutely fine. Cake and icing is safe to refreeze. Just be aware that cake will start to dry out if you do it too many times. Cakes made from a mix will hold up better than scratch cakes.

As long as we're on the subject, baked items such as breads, cakes, cookies, etc. can be safely thawed and refrozen.

Also, raw meat can be refrozen if it has been thawed in the refrigerator. If it has been thawed by any other means (microwave, warm water, or *gasp* left on the counter icon_wink.gif , it needs to be cooked immediately).

lynndy-lou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynndy-lou Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 5

Im in the UK and we dont refreeze anything lol

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks...it is a WASC chocolate with DH devil's food cake. I think I am going to try it...it will save me from having to bake again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%