Dense Coconut Cake Recipe...help!

Baking By babyblue113 Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 5:49am by babyblue113

babyblue113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyblue113 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 11:41am
post #1 of 6

Hello! Can anyone share with me a dense coconut cake recipe? Customer is requesting a coconut cake for the Wilton Stand Up Bear. Thanks in advance!!

5 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 6

DH used to make a really good coconut cake mix that I would dense up with a box of coconut pudding and an extra egg.
Haven't seen it on the shelves in months, maybe a WASC with a bit of LorAnn coconut oil and a handful of shredded coconut?

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 6

I just made a variation of WASC using white cake mix, coconut pudding mix, coconut yogurt, coconut extract, and coconut Lorann oil. I also brushed the baked layers with Coco Lopex (cream of coconut). I filled it with cream cheese coconut filling. It was very, very good & I received a lot of compliments on the cake.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 6

I also make a variation of WASC, adding coconut pudding, but I replace the water with coconut milk and add coconut extract.

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 6

this one is pretty dense. the original recipe called for less if the coconut milk (maybe 3/4 C instead of most of the can but I messed it up the first time I made it and it was great so I kept the mistake. The rest of the coconut milk I use in the icing)

Cake:
2 ¼ C Flour
1 ¼ tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp salt
1 stick room temp butter
¼ C Coconut oil
1 1/3 C sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Coconut flavor
3 eggs
3/4 can coconut milk
1 heaping C coconut

1.  Cream butter, add sugar, 5 mins. with mixer
2.  Mix dry ingredients in bowl
3.  Mix wet ingredients in bowl
4.  Alt dry and wet into butter, start and end with dry
5.  Fold in coconut
6.  bake in 9x13 greased pan in 325 oven for about 25 mins. (I usually use it for cake balls)

babyblue113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyblue113 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 5:49am
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%