8.27.10 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 7:32am by aundrea

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:04am
post #1 of 14

I hope Leah doesn't mind icon_redface.gif I decided to start the thread because I looked and looked to see if she posted it and didn't find anything.

Like Leah says icon_wink.gif

who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
step0nmi Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:09am
post #2 of 14

I'm just baking tonight! A 11x17 for a gravestone icon_lol.gif a sister getting her sister an over the hill cake! it's going to be good.

and for the first time I've baked CHOCOLATE BEER CAKE! It's actually really good! Part of a cake I'm making for my father's 50th bday party next weekend icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:11am
post #3 of 14

I start the Friday Night Cake Club between 10:30 and 10:45 ET EVERY FRIDAY even when I am on vacation. So, yes, I do kinda mind. Have a lovely night.

step0nmi Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:18am
post #4 of 14

oh ok! didn't know...go ahead and delete mine icon_smile.gif

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:12am
post #5 of 14

Leah I looked for yours but I didn't see it. Did you post one? i was so excited to be able to participate tonight. It has been a while.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:27am
post #6 of 14

good evening everyone!
im making four cakes this weekend. the most ive ever done in a weekend.
im not planning on much sleep.
they are for this sunday- we are celebrating 4 family members birthdays.
the "plan" is:
(because we nothing ever goes as planned-atleast not for me!)
1 boston redsox cake (funfetti and chocolate gnache),
2 dallas cowboy shirt cake (chocolate cake w/chocolat gnache)
3 ugh dare i say..a new york yankee cake (shuttering here)-red velvet w/cream cheese)
4 cinderella pillow cake-a remake of the one that imploded last month-(strawberry cake w/cream cheese)
so far im kinda on target-fell alittle bit behind today. because it took me so long to bake.
oh...and a small vegan cake not really decorated for my daughter who cannot have my cakes because of allergies!
so who else is gonna be up late tonight?

i pulled an all night last night will do the same tonight.
wish i had a starbucks!

aundrea Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:49am
post #7 of 14

wow leahs- you sure are dedicated. even on your vaca- you call the club to order.

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 6:00am
post #8 of 14

I have a skateboard cake I'm planning for the upcoming week & last weekend I made my first "real" wedding cake.

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 6:01am
post #9 of 14

Doing homework. The university is driving me crazy!!!

cjcakie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjcakie Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 6:04am
post #10 of 14

I'm having fits trying to make a gum paste bicycle. Arg!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 6:20am
post #11 of 14

Good evening ladies.

I'm working on a 3 tier cake (Toy Story themed) Inspired by cbonenbe.

This cake is for my sisters grand baby. I baked (chocolate,strawberry lemonade and orange flavored)yesterday so I'm decorating tonight but for the first time ever my BC didn't crust have no idea what went wrong I even added meringue powder bummer.

So seems Im gonna be up all night hoping my decorations don't slide icon_cry.gif

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 6:32am
post #12 of 14

Up waaaaay late making a 60th birthday cake for my brother! 4 tiers photos (edible images) in black and white around every tier, tilted tiers (I hope!) This tilted tier thing is a first for me so I am holding my breath on that part. Carrot cake, mississippi mud cake and vanilla pound all iced in cream cheese and covered in fondant. Mississippi mud has a ganache filling with nuts and marshmallows. Yummy! Still have to cover that baby in fondant then sleep then get up early to print/ attach photos and work on the supports. OH and cover the balls in fondant. I am sooo behind my pms and cramps really slowed me down. but if I can pull it all off it will be VERY COOL!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 7:08am
post #13 of 14

Just remembered I have to make something for the schools first Farmer's Market. So debating which cupcakes red velvet, banana...plus.......ah ha just found the makings of some rice crispy treats. Ok, should I do cream cheese icing for the cupcakes? The event is from 11-2pm. So I could chill before I go.

aundrea Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 7:32am
post #14 of 14

just carved my pillow cake. still need to torte 3 more cakes tonight. including trying to make the tshirt cake. let them sit overnight and decorate tomorrow night. ill definatley be up all night. figures too its an awesome weekend and im inside caking! hehe.
the pillow cake took longer than expected. its very hard to carve a strawberry cake. im just finding out!! didnt get the depth i wanted but it will pass.
any suggestions on making the tshirt cake?
i baked 2 9x13 cakes so i can fill them. its gonna be small i know.
if i cut the bottom of the cake and try to make the sleeves from that?
my brain is starting to fizzle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%