Wilton Decorating Class

Decorating By JoneaG Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 10:53pm by gatorcake

JoneaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoneaG Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 8

Hello, I start my first class tomorrow and I am super excited! Does anyone one what we will be doing on the first class, I am sort of a control freak and I want to know what we will be doing. Thanks for the help icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 8

Which class are you taking? I have done the new Flowers and Design and the Fondant and Gum Paste class. I can help you with those but have not done the new Basic class, just the old one.

Meagan84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagan84 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 8

Go to the store where you are taking the course and flip through the lesson plan books that are in the cake decorating aisle. You will get every detail that way!

JoneaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoneaG Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti

Which class are you taking? I have done the new Flowers and Design and the Fondant and Gum Paste class. I can help you with those but have not done the new Basic class, just the old one.

I am taking the basic one icon_smile.gif thanks anyways, I am sure i can wait one more day haha I am just very excited...

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 8

The first night of the Decorating Basics course the instructor will show you how to make buttercream icing, how to prepare and ice your cake for decorating, how to prepare your decorating bags, how to make stars, star fill-in, and the star border.

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 8

When I took the basic it was more of an observing class the first night. We watched the instructor frost a cake and showed us the viva papertowel method as well as handed out instructions for making bc and what to bring back the following night. I believe they are using cupcakes in the basic now thoug as opposed to a regular cake. I could be wrong but thought that is what the instructor told us they were going to do in the next class.
Have fun!!!

ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 8

my last class in the basic course if this Monday, on our 1st day we had to bring 6 cookies in to decorate. Have fun!!!

gatorcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorcake Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:53pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellentwn

my last class in the basic course if this Monday, on our 1st day we had to bring 6 cookies in to decorate. Have fun!!!

Yep, took this class last month. Decorate some cookies. Much of the first class focuses on being able to decorate--so baking and leveling a cake, making a buttercream and the different consistencies, icing a cake, how to smooth icing, etc.

The only tip we used on the first class was the star tip. Will practice with it and then use it to decorate. Not a lot of decorating the first day, lots of information.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%