Cookie Pizza?

Baking By sarascakecreations Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 9:47pm by leily

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I want to try baking a huge cookie pizza like they sell at mrs fields but don't know where to start?

I have a recipe for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that are my husband's favourite so I want to make a big cookie for our anniversary.

So normally I would bake a normal baking sheet of maybe 12-16 cookies at a time at 350F for about 9-10 min. Any ideas on how long to bake a huge cookie? I don't know what temperature to bake it at to prevent it from being raw in the center but on the other hand I don't want it to be burned on the edges!

Any help would be great!

4 replies
mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 5

It will cook just fine if you make sure that its the same thickness all the way through. You'll need to use a round cookie sheet with a lip. Wilton makes one. Make your cookie dough as usual and roll it out onto your pan. Roll it to the edge of the pan.

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have a cookie pan can I cook it in a regular cake pan? My cake pans are not the low ones they are about 4 or 5 inch high.

If not I have a heart shape pan that is about 2inch high would that work better?

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarascakecreations

I don't have a cookie pan can I cook it in a regular cake pan? My cake pans are not the low ones they are about 4 or 5 inch high.

If not I have a heart shape pan that is about 2inch high would that work better?

I used to work for a bakery that made those and they always made them on a regular sheet pan. They just took a ball of dough, put it on the parchment lined sheet and pressed it out into a circle, a bit smaller than the size you want it to end up. It doesn't have to be a perfect circle. Just like regular cookies, it will spread and form a circle naturally, as long as it's reasonably round to begin with. We baked them at the same temp we baked regular cookies at (325°). You just watch it to see when it's done, same as you would a small cookie.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 5

I bake my cookies in a cake pan all the time. Gaurentees me the shape/size i want. I cook at the same temp and for a few minutes longer than the regular cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%