Cookie Pizza?

Baking By sarascakecreations Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 9:47pm by leily

sarascakecreations Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I want to try baking a huge cookie pizza like they sell at mrs fields but don't know where to start?

I have a recipe for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that are my husband's favourite so I want to make a big cookie for our anniversary.

So normally I would bake a normal baking sheet of maybe 12-16 cookies at a time at 350F for about 9-10 min. Any ideas on how long to bake a huge cookie? I don't know what temperature to bake it at to prevent it from being raw in the center but on the other hand I don't want it to be burned on the edges!

Any help would be great!

4 replies
mmgiles Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 5

It will cook just fine if you make sure that its the same thickness all the way through. You'll need to use a round cookie sheet with a lip. Wilton makes one. Make your cookie dough as usual and roll it out onto your pan. Roll it to the edge of the pan.

sarascakecreations Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have a cookie pan can I cook it in a regular cake pan? My cake pans are not the low ones they are about 4 or 5 inch high.

If not I have a heart shape pan that is about 2inch high would that work better?

artscallion Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarascakecreations

I don't have a cookie pan can I cook it in a regular cake pan? My cake pans are not the low ones they are about 4 or 5 inch high.

If not I have a heart shape pan that is about 2inch high would that work better?

I used to work for a bakery that made those and they always made them on a regular sheet pan. They just took a ball of dough, put it on the parchment lined sheet and pressed it out into a circle, a bit smaller than the size you want it to end up. It doesn't have to be a perfect circle. Just like regular cookies, it will spread and form a circle naturally, as long as it's reasonably round to begin with. We baked them at the same temp we baked regular cookies at (325°). You just watch it to see when it's done, same as you would a small cookie.

leily Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 5

I bake my cookies in a cake pan all the time. Gaurentees me the shape/size i want. I cook at the same temp and for a few minutes longer than the regular cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%