Magic Line Pans And Cake Sinking

Decorating By uniquecreations Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 7:55pm by uniquecreations

uniquecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uniquecreations Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 5

I bought some magic line pans because I needed a good set of pans and magic line seems to be the most favored here. I was using the wilton pans anyway, I baked a cake in the pan for the first time last night but when I turned it out of the pan the middle had sunk on the bottom not the top middle, that is the first time I experience that happening I never had this problem with wilton pans, but I'm sure it's something I did wrong maybe since the pans are different I have to adjust my baking time or something anyone else experience this or know what I did wrong?

4 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 5

What kind of cake mix are you using? The only time I had this happen was when I used Pillsbury cake mix.

uniquecreations Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

What kind of cake mix are you using? The only time I had this happen was when I used Pillsbury cake mix.

I use duncan hines or betty crocker

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 5

When I had this problem I found that I was not baking it long enough. Once I started baking them longer, I didn't get the sinking middle.

uniquecreations Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by awatterson

When I had this problem I found that I was not baking it long enough. Once I started baking them longer, I didn't get the sinking middle.

Thank you for your help I will try that and see if that makes a difference, Thanks so much for all replies!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%