I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to clean my fondant rolling pin.... it looks like it has tiny pieces of lint or a microscopic coating of fur.. but after doing everything I could think of including rubbing alcohol I have determined it might be small pieces of the silcone strands?? Or I am crazy...could be either really. Any help would be appreciated.
I washed it in the dishwasher, could that have done this. I tried to find some older posts about it and basically other ones said it was lint... it does not seem to want to come off.. and I can not imagine how lint could stick this hard.. wouldn't water and soap wash it off, let alone when I tried rubbing alcohol.. any ideas would be appreciated. I think when I posted there were a million other posts and this one got lost. Thanks
What brand of pin is it? I know my small Wilton one says it's okay in the dishwasher. I don't know about my large Wilton one. I assume it would be okay, but there's never enough room for it in the dishwasher.
It is the small wilton... my large one does not seem to have this issue... and I have not put it in the dishwasher either. That is why I thought that might be the cause.... anyone have a solution??