3 Tier Cake Support

Decorating By bakingmomma10 Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 2:54pm by CWR41

bakingmomma10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingmomma10 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:00am
post #1 of 2

hello bakers,
i'm doing a 3 tier cake for this weekend, but need something to hold/support all 3 cakes! i'm talking about the bottom of the very bottom cake! in the picture that i'm duplicating it shows the bottom looking like a lily pad! what do you think it's made of? i'm thinking wood! but where can i get wood where they will carve it for me? or what else can i use to hold those 3 cakes? any suggestions please! my husband was saying home depot will do it, has anyone else done this before?

1 reply
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingmomma10

what do you think it's made of? i'm thinking wood! but where can i get wood where they will carve it for me? or what else can i use to hold those 3 cakes? any suggestions please! my husband was saying home depot will do it, has anyone else done this before?

I don't know what it's made of... there is no photo. If you think it's wood, you can call your local hardware store(s) to ask if they can cut the shape you want (nevermind, your husband already said they will). I've done it before... several times, with a jigsaw, and in many shapes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%