Help With Batter Amounts For Cookie Monster Cake Please

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 4:22pm by sillywabbitz

sweettreat101 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 6:36am
post #1 of 3

I have been playing with several bowls and pans to come up with the body shape for a 3 D Cookie monster cake. I have settled on a 1.5 quart stainless steel bowl, 7 inch round. I can figure out the batter amount for the round but does anyone know about how much batter it would take for the bowl? I have never cooked a cake in a bowl before is it safe to cook in a stainless steel bowl? One of the bowls is a thinner metal and the other one is thicker. What should I do to make sure the center gets baked? Are there certain types of stainless steel that wouldn't be safe for baking? Any help greatly appreciated.

2 replies
ski Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 3

Here's a link to Kris's pic of cookie monster cake and how she put it together

sillywabbitz Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 3

To figure out how much batter you need just fill the bowl with water to the point you would fill it with batter ...probably 2/3 full, then measure the amount of water. The average cake recipe yields between 3-4 cups of batter so that should help you figure out how many batches of cake you will need.

I have no idea about baking in bowls so I can't help you with that. Good luck. I love Cookie Monster.

Quote by @%username% on %date%