Ughh...gymnatics Themed Cupcakes...based On Invites

Decorating By tavyheather Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 4:15am by tavyheather

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so my friend always gives me creative license, which is wonderful...but with this one I am really stumped.

She wants cupcakes based on this invite: http://www.tinyprints.com/product/8052/birthday_party_invitations_monkey_bars_persimmon.html

The party will be at a JW Tumbles which is like a little kids gymnastics center.

She asked me to pick a kid and adult-friendly flavor (thinking vanilla butter cake with choc SMBC...but that really limits my color scheme..

Any ideas? I'm honestly thinking of making the hanging kid into a cupcake tower...like a paper structure with a couple spots on top and in his hands to hold a couple cuppies, and then the rest on the "mat" below...I'm sure that sounds completely ridiculous...

Thanks, all! I always have great feedback from this so keep up the good work! icon_wink.gif

2 replies
Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 12:55am
post #2 of 3

Cute invite! Here's the idea that came to my mind - what if you made a 6" cake for the top of the cake tower. Then decorate the cake with little gp gymnasts, monkey bars, etc. The rest of the tower could have the cupcakes decorated with light blue/dark blue stripes like the invite. Just a thought!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 4:15am
post #3 of 3

I love how the simplest most obvious ideas make so much sense icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much, I love it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%