How Do I Get My Bow Loops Off Of The Pole Without Ruining?

Decorating By cakeaholic_cakery Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 1:14am by leily

cakeaholic_cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaholic_cakery Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 6

I am making my first fondant bow, and spent the other night creating each of the loops. Per all of the "how to's" I found on the internet, letting the loops dry over a long pole such as a broomstick seemed to be the most popular method - I followed suit, and my loops are currently drying over our swiffer pole. In my ditzy-ness I didn't realize that the end of the stick has a plastic cover to hold the pole in place and allow for the swiffer to be hung. I am pretty sure that once my loops are completely dry they will not fit over the plastic piece (it is thicker than the pole itself). Am I totally screwed? Anyone else ever have this dilemma? I put the loops on the pole on Tuesday - it is now Thursday...

5 replies
forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 6

If they're too small to slide off, I don't know of any solution. I had this happen once as well. I promptly bought a large dowel (although not as wide as a broom stick) that has served me well ever since. Good luck!

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 6

Can you not pull the plastic plug off the end? Or if anyone is handy with a saw, just cut it off, or through the handle just below it. Will mean you can't hang the Swiffer up again, but at least you won't have to make all the loops again...!

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 6

This won't help you now, but in the future, just shape your loops and lay them on the side on a tray - they dry holding the shape and you won't have this issue, or have to have them "hanging" in your kitchen.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 6

The pole on my swiffer has several sections that click together and then click into the section that holds the mop head. Can you take it apart?

Kristy

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 1:14am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingpw

This won't help you now, but in the future, just shape your loops and lay them on the side on a tray - they dry holding the shape and you won't have this issue, or have to have them "hanging" in your kitchen.

this is what i do too. I put them all on their side on a cookie sheet and just let sit until dry. It's easier to have a cookie sheet in my kitchen and i can move around than try to keep a place to hang them all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%