Scratch Yellow Or Vanilla Cake Recipe?

Decorating By durell87 Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 4:58pm by durell87

durell87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
durell87 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 9

Hi guys I have a decent yellow cake recipe which I will post when I'm on my computer not my phone lol my son who's 1 won't let me get on during the day. But it was pretty much the first one I tried and am wondering if anyone else has a great moist recipe u can stack that would be worth giving a try? When I was looking for choc recipies I tried about 7 before I found my fav so I was tried out when I picked my yellow lol any help would be great!

8 replies
kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 9

Sylvia Weinstock's Classic Yellow: http://homecooking.about.com/od/cakerecipes/r/blc13.htm

It rocks my world.

durell87 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 3:43am
post #3 of 9

ur right it is a good recipe its the one i use hmm maybe ill just stick with it!
thanks for ur response icon_biggrin.gif

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 9

kger have you ever turned this into a marble cake? I saw on the comments someone had but I wasn't sure how much melted chocolate should be added. Also does anyone know how many cups of batter this makes? I was wanting to try it in either a 10 or 12" round pan.

durell87 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 9

I usually double this recipe and get two 9 inch and two 6 inch with a little left over for mini cupcakes!

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 9

Does anyone know how to turn this into a marble cake? Couple of blocks of melted semi sweet choc?

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 1:56am
post #7 of 9

I personally haven't, but from what I understand, you melt some chocolate (whether it is sweetened or unsweetened I don't know) and you swirl it through the yellow batter.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:18am
post #8 of 9

Vanilla Buttermilk Cake from Sky High: Irresistible Triple-Layer Cakes.

Very delicious, but very similar to the recipe you're already using.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/07/project-wedding-cake-the-cake-is-baked/

It's at the bottom of this entry.

durell87 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 9

Mmm that vanilla butternilk cake sounds great! Gunna make some cuppies with that! Let's see to marble a cake I believe u seperate ur batter in two then add choc to one halve then swirl together. Hope that helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%