Looking For A Great Strawberry Buttercream.....please Help!

Decorating By KristasKakes78 Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 3:32am by Chibikuma

KristasKakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristasKakes78 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 7

I am not happy with the strawberry buttercream recipe I have.I need one that tastes great and can be piped onto cupcakes.TIA

6 replies
TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 7

I always use my standard vanilla buttercream (but stiff) then add in strawberry filling sleeve. It is delicious. You just have to be careful not to add too much, making it too loose. I just go little by little tasting and checking consistency along the way.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 7

I add some of my s'berry filling to my already made butter cream. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/14949/eas-strawberry-filling

leightorres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leightorres Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 7

I recently made a buttercream from Organic and Chic that I added strawberry to:

Quote:
Quote:

Vanilla Whipped Buttercream Frosting with Rose Water

makes enough to fill and frost one 8-inch layer cake or frost 24 cupcakes

from Organic and Chic

2 sticks (1 cup) organic unsalted butter, softened

1 cup organic cane sugar

1 cup organic whole milk

1/4 cup sifted organic all-purpose flour

1 1/2 tablespoons organic vanilla extract

1 teaspoon rosewater

Cream the butter on medium speed, 3 to 5 minutes, in a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer until soft, adout 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat on high speed until light and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes. Stop the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again.

In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup mil with the flour and vanilla extract. Whisk together until there are no lumps. Over medium heat, slowly add the remaining 3/4 cups milk, whisking constantly and cook until the mixture comes to a low boil.

Reduce the heat to low and continue mixing until the mixture starts to thicken slightly.

When the mixture starts to thicken, immediately remove the pan from the heat but keep stirring. After you have removed the pan from the heat, the mixture will continue to cook for a minute or two on its own.

If you overheat the mixture and find that you have some lumps, try to whisk them out with a little elbow grease, or pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Place the mixture in the freezer for a few minutes to speed up the process.

With the mixer on low speed, slowly poor the milk mixture into the butter and sugar mixture. Increase the speed to medium and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rose water during this final mixing.

I left out the rosewater and halved the vanilla. I took strawberries the night before I made the frosting, cut them, tossed them in a little sugar water, and then put them in a covered bowl in the fridge. The next morning I dumped the excess liquid, took the berries, pureed them, strained the seeds and then added some little by little to the frosting until I got the consistency and flavor that I wanted. The result was a really fresh tasting berry frosting that everyone raved about!! And if you are careful and reduce the milk and flour mixture enough, the result will be a very stable but very delicious and creamy frosting.

Hope this helps!!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 7

The best strawberry buttercream recipe I have requires refridgerationicon_sad.gif But it's a traditional buttercream. 1 stick butter (room temp), 2 lbs of sugar (add about 3/4 in the beginning and go from there) and 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries (fresh or thawed frozen are fine). By the way I do normally toss in more than the 1/2 cup of strawberries.

Mix the heck out of it and it's tasty tasty tasty. I usually pat my strawberries really really dry so they don't add more liquid to the buttercream. But with the fresh strawberries it has to be fridged.

To make a fake version of this someday I'm going to try 1/2 butter , 1/2 shortening and use strawberry jam instead of fresh strawberries. That one won't require refridgeration but I'm hoping it tastes pretty close to my grandma's recipe.

KristasKakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristasKakes78 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you all for your great inputicon_smile.gif

Chibikuma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chibikuma Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 3:32am
post #7 of 7

The last strawberry buttercream i made taste just like it would of a strawberry ice cream! All I did was make my usual swiss meringue buttercream. Then I heat up the fresh strawberry puree and add desired amount of sugar, let it cool, strain and add the thicken juice into the buttercream! It taste heavenly!! It sounds kind of like using strawberry jam but the taste is actually much much better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%