Friendship Cake Starter

Baking By SparkleKat Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 6:01pm by Gatorfan01

SparkleKat Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a recipe for friendship cake starter? My recipe requires 1 1/2 cups of starter to begin fermenting the fruit. I believe it's a sourdough recipe but I'm not sure.

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 5
SparkleKat Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 5

My parent's neighbor's mother made these all the time, as in for YEARS. For many of those years they got sent to our office. Finally she decided to quit making them (we were all pretty burnt out on them), but wanted to give me the starter. Umm nope, I don't do starters.

They are good, but they get old when you have to use the starter every week or throw it out.

That is my problem with starters, especially those ones that mutiply and you are suppose to give to out to other people, because after a while you get tired of making it, and/or run out of people to give it to.

Gatorfan01 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

They are good, but they get old when you have to use the starter every week or throw it out.

I usually keep a "starter" in my freezer for the times when I want to bake one of the cakes. I just pull the starter out and use it in my batter. When I'm running low on my starters, then I will do the whole routine. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%