Can Someone Please Tell Me How To Make This Cake?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 9:54am by kger

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 8:50am
post #1 of 9

I have to make a cookie monster cake for a family member this Saturday and I really like this cake. Can someone tell me how I can make this cake what size pans etc. Would a wondermold pan work for the body? What color blue is cookie monster? The arms and legs are rice crispy treats wouldn't that be to heavy for the cake to support for them to be raised up? I would really appreciate any help on this one. Thank you. Oh one more thing what should I use for eyes?

8 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 9:44am
post #3 of 9

Did you PM the poster of the original picture? That's your best option. Personally I would do rounds and carve it but that's because I don't have any character pans and wouldn't know what a wondermold was if it smacked me in the face.

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 10:32am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

I have to make a cookie monster cake for a family member this Saturday and I really like this cake. Can someone tell me how I can make this cake what size pans etc. Would a wondermold pan work for the body? What color blue is cookie monster? The arms and legs are rice crispy treats wouldn't that be to heavy for the cake to support for them to be raised up? I would really appreciate any help on this one. Thank you. Oh one more thing what should I use for eyes?

Hi have a look at this thread. There are 4 parts and it is for Elmo but can easily be adapted for cookie monster - step by step instructions

http://www.zerogravity.com.au/blog/2009/01/how-i-made-an-elmo-cake-part-4/

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 11:10am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

Did you PM the poster of the original picture? That's your best option. Personally I would do rounds and carve it but that's because I don't have any character pans and wouldn't know what a wondermold was if it smacked me in the face.

The wondermold is the pan that belongs to the doll cake it is the skirt of the doll cake.

Molly icon_smile.gif

sweettreat101 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 4:11am
post #6 of 9

I did but she said since it's been a long time she doesn't remember.

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 4:26am
post #7 of 9

I can recommend you to use the wilton bear pan. And work from that. I hope it works for you.

MKinPA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKinPA Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 4:45am
post #8 of 9

The last poster "mistiscakes" said she was going to make the ake for her son, have you contacted her to see if she made it? If so, she may be able tohlp.

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:54am
post #9 of 9

I also recommend using the Wilton 3D bear pan for Cookie Monster and maybe a 3D ball pan for the cookie jar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%