Twilight Logo Lettering

Decorating By kger Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 1:02pm by kger

kger Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:54am
post #1 of 8

I've been analyzing cake photos and I can't figure out how the lettering is done. Fondant doesn't seem possible, at least not for me. The cake will be black fondant and I want the lettering on the front. Should I use fbct or royal icing transfer or is there something else out there?

7 replies
hollyberry91 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:07am
post #2 of 8

I used a single edged razor blade to cut the letters out of fondant on this one. Just roll it thin and use some crisco to make it stick down to your board while you cut. icon_biggrin.gif

hollyberry91 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:10am
post #3 of 8

Im not sure why the pic didn't show up trying again.

hollyberry91 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:11am
post #4 of 8

For some reason the pic isn't attaching i can email it to you if you want. You could also use an edible image for the letters.

Jeep_girl816 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:25am
post #5 of 8

BTW, The actual "Twilight" font is actually called "Zephyr" if you need to download it.

kger Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:56am
post #6 of 8

I have the font. I was attempting to cut out the letters tonight with scissors to make template. But I guess I could just place my print out directly on the fondant and cut out that way. The swirls in the "w" and "g" just seem a little too detailed for my fondant skills.

mirda6275 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 11:50am
post #7 of 8

You can also do a web/google search for Twilight font and there are several places you can download a font and use it within Microsoft word. I did that last year for a Spongebob gift cake and got the 'spongebob' font and customized the message. I don't remember which website I used for that one, but I did a quick google search for Twilight font and several came up.

kger Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:02pm
post #8 of 8

Yes. I have the font.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%