Rum, Bourbon Or Ameretto Frosting?

Baking By stacey71 Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 3:03am by Cake_Bliss

stacey71 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:07am
post #1 of 4

I am going to be making a red velvet cake soon and was thinking of frosting it with either rum, ameretto or bourbon cream cheese frosting. Which of those flavors do you think will compliment it the best? Or is it better to leave the regular cream cheese frosting? This will be my first time trying red velvet cake, I got the recipe from a friends mother and I'm really looking forward to trying it.

3 replies
jerseygirlNga Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:33am
post #2 of 4

THink its more just personal preference. To me, everything is better with Amaretto!!! BUT...what else would you expect from a nice little Italian jerseygirl?

MadMillie Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:59am
post #3 of 4

Amaretto sounds yummy. Do you have a recipe you can share or do you just use amaretto flavoring in your buttercream? I would love to try it.

Cake_Bliss Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:03am
post #4 of 4

I just made amaretto buttercream tonight. It is delish! I am a lil Italian from Jersey girl though so I would think thaticon_smile.gif I do absolutely love the cream cheese with red velvet well with any cake reallyicon_wink.gif You could try making both and see what you like better butter cream or cream cheese. Sorry for the rambling it has been one of those nights and tasting all the butter cream has given me a serious sugar

Quote by @%username% on %date%