Wondering If Sams Club Makes/sells These

Decorating By CakesIMake Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 1:57am by Rose_N_Crantz

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:09am
post #1 of 7

I was planning on making a $100 bill cake, but does anyone know if sams club would do one for me & sell it? Someone said walmart does and I checked walmart but they said that they wouldn't icon_sad.gif

6 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 7

Have you tried asking them?

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 7

Well I just thought of it last night so i couldn't call them cuz they were closed BUT I did call them this morning and they don't

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 7

Do you just need an edible image? Back in MI, the cake supply store I went to would let you buy images from them.

...or are we talking about something different altogether?

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 7

Perhaps they are concerned that it illegal to copy the bill.
http://www.bep.treas.gov/historicallegislation.html (scroll to the bottom of that page)

It is legal as long as the image of the bill is less than 75% or more than 150%, and one sided. You could print out a copy of the regs when you go to get an edible image to help assure them it is legal.

JadedJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JadedJenn Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 7

It might be a company policy not to make them.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 1:57am
post #7 of 7

Nope, Sam's Club will only make cakes as they are pictured in their book. However, ask if they still have the dollar bill edible image. I remember we had an edible image of a dollar bill that was actually a frame so you could put someone's picture on it. Obviously it wasn't an exact copy of a dollar bill, but the same idea. I can't remember if we still have it as I haven't made one lately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%