What Would You Consider "romantic"

Decorating By pmarks0 Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 11:20pm by VNatividad

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 10

I've offered to make a cake for my aunt and uncle's upcoming 50th wedding anniversary. Originally I had offered to duplicate their original wedding cake but she thought that was too much etc etc. She didn't want me to go to any trouble. However, she's decided it's okay if I make "something simple, sweet and a little romantic"

What would you say is a little romantic? I don't know if I'm going to cover it in fondant or just do buttercream. I'm open to suggestions.

Ideas? Thanks all.

9 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 10

Romantic is kinda hard, since it could mean different things to different people.

I think the first thought that comes to mind for me is hearts.

The simple and sweet and romantic would kinda lead me to think something like two little love birds perched on the cake somewhere, some flowers and maybe a heart or two?

Can you ask her for something a little directions? Or is she going to be happy with what ever you do at this point?

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 10

Can you replicate some aspect of their wedding cake, if not the whole thing? If you had a picture of it, you might be able to take something from it.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 10

Texas - I think she'll be happy with whatever I do but I may ask my cousin for input. icon_smile.gif

Cutthecake - I'm going try for a picture but she said it was a three tiered cake, which she thinks had dummies for the bottom two tiers, and the top tier was cake (I think it was a very small wedding). There was lace on the tiers and there wasn't a topper. I'm going to ask my cousin if she can get a copy scanned for me. I live an hour away so dropping in isn't the easiest. icon_wink.gif

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 10

I think hearts and flowers is a very romantic combination.

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 10

Romantic for me is fondant drapery, off white/pale roses and fillers. Nothing over the top, simple in design. Something about fondant drapery just seems elegant and romantic to me. JMO.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 10:10pm
post #7 of 10

Saw the subject line and thought - my husband does the dishes. icon_razz.gif

ConnieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieJ Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 10:11pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

Saw the subject line and thought - my husband does the dishes. icon_razz.gif

I agree!!!!

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 10:15pm
post #9 of 10

The icon in Galleries for the Anniversary Cakes is romantic to me....something simple with flowers thumbs_up.gif

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 11:20pm
post #10 of 10

Romantic for me are cascading roses, scrolls, or some time of pipe work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%