Neon Gels

Decorating By mike83 Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 1:16am by mike83

mike83 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 6

I know americolor carries a line of neon gels. Has anyone had any luck using wilton colors to achieve a neon look? Also where is the cheapest place to buy americolor. I live in florida and the only store around me is michael's and they only carry wilton. Any stores carry americolor? thanks

5 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 6

No neons by Wilton that I know of.

Betty Crocker makes neon gels in tubes. I found them in WalMart in the cake mix aisle. They work great and are cheap.

TexasSugar Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 6

What neon colors are you looking for?

Wilton's Rose pink is very bright so is their lemon yellow. The green with a touch of yellow add would be pretty lime.

Does your Michaels carry the Duff colors? If so, they have an electric set, that you could purchase with a coupon. It has pink, purple, green and blue I believe.

I've read on here that Hobby Lobby is now carrying Americolors. I haven't been to ours yet to see, since I am almost always at Michaels, so I don't know if it is all or some of them carrying them.

mike83 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:46am
post #4 of 6

well I was planning on buying the whole electric set from americolor. Although, all I need for my upcoming cake is orange, green, and maybe yellow. I was just trying to get around paying almost $25 with shipping. Oh and yes my michaels just started carrying duff, I'll check it out. thanks

sweetcakes Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:41am
post #5 of 6

as you know wilton doesn;t make neon colours. One of my students bought neon colours they got at Kroger. I thought the icing colours where great, and although they were the little liquid bottles i might get some myself. Very pretty colours.

mike83 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 1:16am
post #6 of 6

does anyone know of a store that sells americolor or is it just online?

Quote by @%username% on %date%