Pm Question: ?? On How It Works

Lounge By Tinabarena Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 3:29pm by TexasSugar

Tinabarena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinabarena Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 5

I'm just wondering (relatively new to cc)...if you wanted to PM someone, you can just use their screen name and send a message, right? That person will receive notification that they have a message?

I'm just wondering because I have PM'd 2 people recently and I just want to make sure that they got it. One was really just to thank someone, and the other was looking for direction on a recipe she posted.

I haven't received a response - which is totally fine because I know people are busy and all. But then I thought, oh no, what if they didn't get the message?!

I consider myself pretty computer savvy - so I really do feel like an idiot asking this question... icon_redface.gif

4 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 5

They should get the message. Sometimes people arent necessarily notified by email that there is a message though. It depends on their settings. You can actually check to see if a message has been opened though. Go into the message section and click on "sent messages" or something like that and you can see if it was opened.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 5

When you go into your Private Messages, you have three boxes across the top. Actually 4, but I'm not counting the save box here.

Inbox - are the messages you have received

Sentbox - are the messages you have sent out.

Outbox - are the messages that you have sent out, but haven't been read by the other party yet.

So I would check to see if the messages are in the sent box or the outbox.

malakainrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malakainrop Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 5

There are a lot of de-activated accounts on here - you THINK they are still here, because it looks like that but if you send them a PM - they do get the email notification but they have no way of retrieving it

I think de-activated accounts should be shown as NOT ACTIVE or deleted altogether - I don't understand why they remain icon_confused.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 5

My guess is that the 'accounts' remain because if you delete them then it would delete all their posts. Then you would have alot of old threads with blanks in them, taking away content and leaving confusion left with missing information and comments made about it.

If you click profile at the bottom of a person replies in a thread it will take you to that person's profile, and there is a section on there with how many posts they have made and a link that will take you to that persons posts. You can click that link and see when the last time they posted was.

If it hasn't been too long ago, life may have gotten in the way and they just haven't had time to come to the board. If it has been a while, months/years then they may not come here at all. I've been a memeber of messages boards that I just stopped going to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%