Came Up With Another Name...input Please.

Business By CakesIMake Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 7:15pm by Ruth0209

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 13

Couple weeks ago I made a post here about a business name
Silvana's Sweets ((Silv-On-ah)) Everyone had really great suggestions..Thank you! My whole life people have always pronounced my name wrong thumbsdown.gif So that was stupid on my part to even thing that was a good idea..I guess it was just too easy..

Anyway... I have a couple of new names & really need your help icon_lol.gif please? Again, I really would like to stick with only making cakes & cakepops...idk why, but the thought of making cupcakes scares me

1. Pop'n Cakes
2. Pops 'n Cakes
3. Cakes 'n Pops

I was also thinking about putting 2 P's in the pops... ((Popp'n))
I live in MI and everyone here calls soda...pop
I would Love your opinions! thank you soooo much! icon_smile.gif

12 replies
CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:16am
post #2 of 13

anyone???

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:38am
post #3 of 13

Pop Goes the Cake?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:40am
post #4 of 13

Don't put the two 'P"s in popp, to my perverted mind that looked like "poop" when I glanced at it.

Honestly, I don't like any of the ones with the word "pop" in them. You don't have to have the name of everything you're planning on making anyway, I prefer the Silvana's Sweets to tell the truth. Who cares if they pronounce it wrong, it can be kind of an in-joke on your website. Did you ever see the ads for Tony Chachere's cajun seasonings? They did an entire marketing campaign around the fact that nobody says it correctly.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:51am
post #5 of 13

I agree, I like Silvana's Sweets better. Plus that way you don't limit yourself. Who knows, you may decide to do cupcakes or other sweets someday! icon_smile.gif

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:02am
post #6 of 13

You're right that people in the midwest would think pop means soda -- and cake and soda pop doesn't sound too good. I like Silvana's Sweets, too. And I can't even think of another way to pronounce Silvana.....

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:25am
post #7 of 13

Yup...Silvana's Sweets is a better name. If people have to think about how to pronounce the name maybe they'll remember it longer. Not a bad thing.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:30am
post #8 of 13

I wouldn't use anything that starts with Pop 'n because I think it sounds too much like Pop 'n fresh or poppin' fresh (from the oven, as in the Pillsbury doughboy). So to avoid future confusion or lawsuits as to whether or not it's your original idea or a take-off on something that already exists, I'd consider something else from the start.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:43am
post #9 of 13

I don't like "pop" in the name either. It sounds like you're serving soda with cake.

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:50am
post #10 of 13

I say stick with the Silvana's Sweets. Just like another poster said it won't limit you if you decide to do something else. Also, I do not like when businesses spell their names incorrectly like "water werks". If you are a business have a professional name.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:55am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMasterSRC

I agree, I like Silvana's Sweets better. Plus that way you don't limit yourself. Who knows, you may decide to do cupcakes or other sweets someday! icon_smile.gif

I like this too. Your name is classy and one of a kind. It makes it sound like an upscale bakery! You could have a fancy font used on the 'S's of both words.

Don't like the 'pop' thing. Makes me think i'll 'pop' if I eat cake. We have a bar here called 'Pops'. Makes me think of my grand dad too, we called him 'pop' and 'pops'

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:39am
post #12 of 13

I like the sound of Silvana's Sweets, but if I saw it on a sign I would assume it was a candy store. So if you use that name, you might consider having a logo that makes it clear to potential customers that you sell baked goods....a picture of something like a cupcake, cookie, birthday cake with a candle, etc.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:15pm
post #13 of 13

Maybe Poppy-Cakes. Like a play on words with poppycock.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%