Small Recipe For Tiny Amount Of Royal Icing Or Edible Glue?

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 5:50pm by infinitsky

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I am making a number 30 out of gumpaste cut out on the cricut that I want to glue to popsicle sticks to stick into the cake but I don't really want to use real glue I want it to be edible even though I doubt anyone would eat it. All I would need is a small amount and I don't want to make a batch of royal I won't use. Is there some recipe for a small amount someone knows that i could just mix up by hand that would work for something like this?

7 replies
Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 8

Do you have any tylose on hand. You can mix a small amount of that with a little water and make a quick glue.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 8

Mix a sprinkle of tylose with a little bit of water, stir it, and let it stand for a couple of minutes. It will make a thick glue.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 8

Since you are using Cricut, you have gumpaste on hand. Simply dissolve a bit of gumpaste in warm water to make a glue-like consistency. It is strong and will be the trick for exactly what you are describing.

ALSO... you can melt a bit of white chocolate for this project as well. The chocolate is super-strong!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

Since you are using , you have gumpaste on hand. Simply dissolve a bit of gumpaste in warm water to make a glue-like consistency. It is strong and will be the trick for exactly what you are describing.

ALSO... you can melt a bit of white chocolate for this project as well. The chocolate is super-strong!

i ususlaly use the gumpaste with some water added to it since i always have this on hand.

I like the chocolate idea, i don't know why i never think to use it.

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 8

I always use melted chocolate chips. Works better than anything else I've tried. Perfect every time! icon_wink.gif

KimmyKakes4Me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKakes4Me Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 8

Easiest solution of all: Keep a package of dry RI mix on hand. Scoop out as needed and mix with water as needed.

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:50pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyKakes4Me

Easiest solution of all: Keep a package of dry RI mix on hand. Scoop out as needed and mix with water as needed.

Ditto... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%