Smash Cake

Decorating By jdconcc Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 9:07pm by jdconcc

jdconcc Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 8:13am
post #1 of 5

I've been wondering what's a smash cake? As I quite often see them in the gallery and I'm perplexed why anyone would want to smash a cake???? I'm from the UK so I'm guessing this must be an American tradition, but I'd love to know more about it. Thanks Claire x

4 replies
feliciangel Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 8:32am
post #2 of 5

smash cake is a small cake usually for baby's or small children. its the cake the baby can put there lil fingers in and have fun with, without spreading droolly smashed cake to every one at the party. HTH

sweettreat101 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 8:39am
post #3 of 5

It's usually for a babies first birthday.

TexasSugar Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 5

I have only made them for first birthdays.

As was said, it is a cake that the little one cake make a mess with, and get icing all over them, so you can get pictures of them being messing on their birthday. And it saves the rest of the people at the party from having to eat baby smashed cake, because you'll only really do that if the baby is yours.

Usually they are a small cake, like a 4in or 6in one layer, cupcake or another small cake shape that fits the theme.

jdconcc Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone, sorry for taking so long to reply I didn't get any notification that any replies had been posted and forgot to check. I think that is such a cool idea, I wonder if it would catch on over here?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%