Cricut Express Vs Create Vs Cake = Help, Please!

Decorating By TotallyBaked Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 3:07pm by MadMillie

TotallyBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TotallyBaked Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 2:05am
post #1 of 3

Let me start off by saying I've NEVER jacked with a Cricut. Always wanted one, but until I found out I could cake with it, wasn't about to indulge. I've come into a little found money, and want to invest it into my little business I've grown. after deliberating between a Cricut amd Cake Boss, I decided to go with the machine. I've got a couple questions hopefully yall can answer for me icon_smile.gif
1. Can I cut my gumpaste/fondant as accurately with the Create or Expression as well as with the Cake?
2. Are all Cake cartridges compatible with non-Cake cricuts?
3. Can I use the Cake for scrapbooking materials instead of caking materials if I wanted?
4. If I went with the Create or Expression over the Cake, which should I go with?

2 replies
kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 3

I Have the cake and it works great, in my opinion for you I would just get the cake and be done with it, it is food safe, it is made to cut thicker material less headache for you, you can cut paper with it, I cut cupcake wrappers and banners with mine all you have to do is by the deep cut blade and housing that is for the expression, it fits in the cricut cake and then just buy the mats you would buy for the expression. All the carts are interchangeable. I would def go with the cake it is made for what you are going to be doing with it and now that it has been out for a while you should be able to get a good price on it.
hth!

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 3

I originally was going to purchase the expression because it can do bigger cuts over the create. Then the price of the cake came down. So after a lot of research I went with the cake, mainly because if anyone ever questioned it being food safe I could say yes. Just to let you know, I have had it for months, but haven't used it for cakes. However, my girls and I have made many scrapbook projects on it. I bought the deep cut blade to do this. Take a look at this blog, you will have to scroll down. It compares the machines and blades.
http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/blog.php#03092010

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%