The Nastiest/scariest/weirdest/most Bizarre Cakes...

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 2:09pm by cakesdivine

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 1:48am
post #1 of 4

What is the ugliest/scariest/creepiest/most bizarre cake you've been commissioned to create?

I mean... really... most cakes are pretty. Most have a happy feel to them. Rarely do we ever see something that makes us shudder...

So... what cakes have you had to do that didn't fit the mold?

This is my Sweet 16 Alice in Wonderland Jabberwocky Cake. (Sorry... it won't let me add the attachment so here's the link.) http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1783842

Yep... Sweet 16. This is the first cake that I actually spoke to while decorating. But I couldn't resist telling it how much it was creeping me out. And last night... when I started the process, I was actually a little concerned that it wouldn't look scary enough. ha ha ha

3 replies
cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 1:57am
post #2 of 4

I worked at cake shop and we did a 'DIVORCE' cake... simple, two tiered cake, with the standard white piping on the sides...lovely, lovely, lovely...BUT..........
the cake topper was a standard bride and groom.... and the bride was holding the grooms bloody head in her hands instead of a floral bouquet!! ( we used raspberry gel with red food coloring dripping down the sides of the cake to make it look like the grooms head was all bloody)
~~ the customer/devorcee LOVED it!!!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 4

That is pretty bad. EW!

I will say that it is fun sometimes to do the weird stuff. Guess cause it's not boring...

Last year I did a pirate ship wedding cake for pirates... had to put "carnage", bones, blood, etc... FOR A WEDDING!

People surprise me all the time. ha ha

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 4

CI - Great work on the Jabberwocky cake. It looks like he will come after you...LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%