Air Brush???

Decorating By brandeeb Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 4:16pm by pmarks0

brandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandeeb Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 12:48am
post #1 of 13

Any decorating veterans out that can reccomend a good quality airbrush (kit)? ... I will need the whole get upicon_smile.gif

12 replies
brandeeb Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 13

Bummer! No one??? Is this a no newbie kinda place?? lol

SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 13

I'm looking for one too...more of a beginner model since I don't have the funds yet to go all out. I know I read some posts on here about airbrushes. I was looking at the Kopykake ones, but I too would like some input.

MrCake01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrCake01 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 13

Hey brandeeb,
I just found your post. Sorry you didn't get many replies. The one i bought i really like. It comes with everything you need to get started. Plus it was the least expensive i found. It comes with the compressor, 2 airbrushes, 2 hoses, and 12 small airbrush colors.
Good luck

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 13

If you do a search there is a very length thread about them.

langranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
langranny Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 13

Check this out. I bought the one that is about $69 and it works great. Comes with four bottles of Americolor colors too.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/airb9.aspx

brandeeb Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 12:15am
post #7 of 13

Mr.cake01~

U forgot to mention which airbrush u like so much! icon_biggrin.gif

vwolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vwolf Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:07am
post #8 of 13

I have the super deluxe professional model from the link that langranny posted. DH bought it for me for Christmas last year. Works really good. Like anything else you just have to play around with it for awhile.

ameliasam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameliasam Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:24am
post #9 of 13

I got my airbrush from Decopac and I love it icon_smile.gif It was 160.00 for the kit or you can buy piece by piece and their airbrush color are price good too icon_smile.gif I hope that helps

MrCake01 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:52pm
post #10 of 13

brandeeb
Ooppss sorry. Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001THQ5FM/?tag=cakecentral-20
again sorry about that.
Goodluck

krm52200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:48pm
post #11 of 13

do any of you have a "booth" type thing that you work in to avoid over spray all over your work space or is that not a concern. I, too, have been looking into getting an airbrush but wasn't sure how much of a mess it would make.

KRM

MrCake01 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:53pm
post #12 of 13

krm52200,
The airbrush overspray can make a mess. You can either use a big card board box to make a booth or you can make a plywood box. But yes i started spraying in my kitchen without a booth and quickly understood why a booth is needed. I was finding overspray marks months afterwards.
Goodluck,
Mrcake01

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 4:16pm
post #13 of 13

I was interested in this thread as well as I'm considering an airbrush purchase. But I was wondering...a friend has offered me her husband's old airbrush that he doesn't use anymore. If I change those hoses and all the other parts, can I use the compressor?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%