How Do I Make Alot Of Butter Cream?

Baking By vaniti716 Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 2:41am by deMuralist

vaniti716 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 11

good morning everyone.....I have three cakes to decorate for this coming weekend and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can make a lot of butter cream at one time????? I tried doubling the ingredients but it just makes it taste like it has more butter but does nt seem like more.....the recipe i use is
1 stick of butter
1/2 margerine
1/3 crisco and 3 cups of pwdered sugar
1 tblsp vanilla.....I am really stuck because I dont want to have to do this over and over again to make the amount of butter cream i need.....I tried the Swiss butter cream method but for some reason egg whites do not like me
icon_sad.gif pls help me and thank you in advance for all of your help....you all are amazing and i hope to one day be at your level or close to it icon_wink.gif

10 replies
TexasSugar Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 11

I use an all crisco recipe and I have made it using 4 cups (1lb) of powder sugar up to 4lbs of powder sugar with out any problems or changes in taste.

Did you maybe leave something out or accidently not double one of the other ingredients?

DefyGravity Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 11

Have you tried IndyDebi's BC? I made it for the first time over the weekend after reading over and over again on here how good it is, and I was so in love with it, I had to send her a message telling her how much I loved it.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6992/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

Loucinda Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 11

Indy's recipe is great, and so is sugarshack's. I use sugarshack's for the most part, and I fill the mixer full. (6 qt.) which makes a lot of buttercream.

What size mixer do you have?

FleurDeCake Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 11

I love love love Sugarshacks buttercream it is so smooth and easy to use .The recipe makes quite a lot of buttercream . I make multiple batches and keep it stored so that I have it on hand when I need it.

Sassy74 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 11

I also use Sugarshacks recipe for a 6qt, and one of the things I LOVE about it is that it makes SO MUCH. I rarely ever have to make a double batch between what I have on hand, and a fresh batch. 6qts of icing is a lot lol .

Loucinda Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 11

Looks like there are several of us who make a big ol' batch of sugarshack's recipe and keep it on hand. icon_biggrin.gif

susanscakecreations Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 11

I use indydebi's recipe.........won't use anything else!!!!!!!!! I have made it just vanilla, made it with just almond flavoring, mint flavoring, and made chocolate buttercream with it!!!!! EVERYONE LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I have no problems when doubling it, either!!!!!!

vaniti716 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 12:45am
post #9 of 11

thank u alll sooo much for the reply.....i actually have a med mixer and i have doubled up in the ingri with no success.....i will try sugarshacks recipe because i dont have dream whip right now icon_wink.gif i will let you all know how it turns out icon_wink.gif

vaniti716 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:29am
post #10 of 11

its official i suck!!!! i tried the swiss merengue butter cream and its has been proven again egg whites are nt my friends lol and i cant make the sugarshack recipe because i dont have some of the ingri i need.....i am stuck doing buttercreme the same way i have which means its nt a whole lot so i have to make more and more icon_cry.gif

deMuralist Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:41am
post #11 of 11

did I read somewhere that you can use Sugarshack's with crisco, but use less liquid?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%