Dipping Chocolate Balloons

Sugar Work By supershine Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 3:06pm by auntginn

supershine Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 11:29am
post #1 of 7

Good Morning Everyone,

Need some info on chocolate balloon dipping.Does anyone know if they make a certain balloon that is better for dipping that wont stick?I have had some problems with major sticking can anyone help me please?

6 replies
TexasSugar Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 7

I've never heard of a special balloon for this myself.

Where/How is it sticking? Are you letting the chocolate harden completely before popping the balloon?

adonisthegreek1 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 7

I made chocolate bowls, by dipping balloons a couple of years ago. You want to use a good latex balloon. The thin ones tend to explode and chocolate is everywhere. I blew the balloon to the size that I wanted, very lightly oiled the balloon with vegetable oil, dipped it in the chocolate and set it upright on a tray to set. Once chocolate hardens, stick a pin in the balloon to let a little air escape then pull the balloon out and you have a finished bowl.

supershine Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 1:24am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I've never heard of a special balloon for this myself.

Where/How is it sticking? Are you letting the chocolate harden completely before popping the balloon?

Yesthe chocolate is hard but i heard threre are balloons that wont stick requiring nothing at all for release do you know of any?

akgirl10 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 5:12am
post #5 of 7

I've only ever used water balloons and they were fine. Even if they stick a little, once you pop them it's easy to get the balloon off.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 7

You shouldn't have a problem with the balloons sticking to the chocolate if you rub or spray them with vegetable oil.

auntginn Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 7

If it helps from a person who was once a balloon artist, never heard of such a balloon. But here are a couple of tips,

#1 - inflate the balloon and let the air out and then reinflate the balloon again. The rubber will stretch and that way it won't pop so easily when dipping in the chocolate.

#2 - when popping the balloon insert your pick close to the neck of the balloon (where it is tied). It will not explode that way.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%