New To Decorating

Decorating By lulamae10 Updated 24 Aug 2010 , 12:56pm by anxietyattack

lulamae10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulamae10 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 2:09am
post #1 of 3

okay i bake cakes all the time and now i want to step it up a little i want to decorate now...ok my daughter will be turnin 6 in a few days and she wants momma to make her a cake and decorate it pretty...she wants a hannah montana are a justin bieber and this is really way out my lead because i know nothing about decor...so my questions is wat do i really need to do????hlpp

2 replies
adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 4:52am
post #2 of 3

Well I would definitely start asap because decorating always takes alot more time when you're first starting out. I used to never give myself enough time hehe. You can bake two days before, make the filling, and you can get started on decorations tomorrow too since fondant doesn't go bad when left out. Since they are both "rockstar" themes I would pick rock star colors-maybe pink and black for Hannah or black and blue for Justen Beiber. You could do a pearl border with fondant (it looks like small balls all the same size) and you could make them sparkly with edible dust from the craft store. If you do more than one tier remember to use a cake board because it makes it so much easier. You could make fondant stars (with a cookie cutter) and put them on wire to pop out of the cake. HTH icon_smile.gif

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 3

Have you seen this? http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1771139.html

from what I understand frozen Buttercream transfers are pretty simple. There are a ton of you tube videos too on how to do them. You could also do a Hannah guitar logo or something!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%