Cake Business Name... What Do You Think?

Business By JoneaG Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 10:02pm by indydebi

JoneaG Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 2:06am
post #1 of 9

Hello! I have an idea for my cake decorating side business and I just wanted an opinion from you all in the same area... Please don't take this name if you like it My grandmother's nickname for me before she passed away was Pie. And I though it would be could to name my business Pie's Cakes. Thinking its a little clever and definitely sentimental... So what do you think? Thanks a mil!

8 replies
Ruth0209 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 3:08am
post #2 of 9

I think it's really a sweet name, but it may not mean anything to anyone but you. You might give people the impression you make pies, too. Or you'll be explaining your name to everyone because without the story it doesn't make much sense.

SSGirly Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 9

I agree. It's still cute, though. What if you spelled it "Pi"?

jason_kraft Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirly

I agree. It's still cute, though. What if you spelled it "Pi"?

And this could be your signature cake, sold at a discount every March 14th. icon_wink.gif

If you go with Pie's Cakes, be prepared for an incessant stream of customers asking if you make pies.

indydebi Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 10:06am
post #5 of 9

It doesn't really roll of off the tongue very smooth, to me. (double plural).

Do you have a good tagline to go with it? Sometimes that makes a difference.

aundrea Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 10:56am
post #6 of 9

are you going to be making pies? if so then i think its perfect!
btw what an adorable nickname

DefyGravity Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 9

When my son was small I always called him "Brandon Pie" (instead of calling him cutie pie or sweetie pie) which eventually turned into me calling him "Pie". What a coincidence! icon_smile.gif

I agree Pie's Cakes could be confusing and doesn't roll off the tongue because same S ending sound, but what about Pie's Cakery instead? I think that doesn't make it sound like you're selling pie, and it takes the edge off of the pronunciation as well.

Doug Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 9:36pm
post #8 of 9

Pi Cakes -- Ours measure up as the best!

indydebi Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 10:02pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Pi Cakes -- Ours measure up as the best!

A great tagline that works with the name!

Unfortunately, I know too many people who wouldn't get it. They've no idea what "pi" is. They'd think it was misspelled or that it was some Asian cake place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%