What Size Basic Cupcake Do You Sell?

Business By KKristy Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 7:06pm by KKristy

KKristy Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 7

I'm trying to decide what size cupcakes I want to offer and would like to know what size your standard cupcake is. I've seen bakeries that offer the jumbo size as their basic cupcake and others use a smaller size ( almost the size liner you get at the grocery store). The jumbo almost seems too big when frosted and yet the smaller one seems too small.

6 replies
SwtCanuck Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 7

I use the minis and large size liners for my cupcakes. I think the jumbo are too big as well icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 12:02am
post #3 of 7

We use standard-size 2" base and 1.25" side wall cups for our cupcakes ($30/dozen regular or vegan, $36/dozen gluten-free, $39/dozen vegan/GF/soy-free). Reynolds makes good quality baking cups, we buy them at our local cash & carry for $2.50 per 500.

We do not sell jumbo cupcakes, I don't think we've ever had a customer ask for them.

KKristy Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the replies !
I think that the standard size is too small for the filled ones that I will be offering...I'm on the search for that elusive in between liner that so many of the gourmet cupcake stores are carrying.

zirconiag Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 7

I use 2" base usually...but once I bought the liners from a $1 store and the usual Large were extremely big..more like a jumbo. So that day onwards, I told myself...I won't be buying from a $1 store

jason_kraft Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 5:26pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKristy

Thanks for the replies !
I think that the standard size is too small for the filled ones that I will be offering...I'm on the search for that elusive in between liner that so many of the gourmet cupcake stores are carrying.

You can find several different sizes of baking cups here:
http://www.mypapershop.com/paper-bake-souffle-cups.html

KKristy Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 7

jason,
Thank you so much for that resource ! (I thought I had found all the places online, but this one was new to me)...and i think they have the size I want !
Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%