No Fail Sugar Cookie Dough

Baking By MKinPA Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 7:40am by MKinPA

MKinPA Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone know how long you can leave this refrigerated before baking? I just found some thats been in my frig for almost 10 days. My frig is very cold so ts hard as a brick - feels like its been in the freezer. Could it ne safe to use? icon_sad.gif
Thank you!

6 replies
_christina_ Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 4:54am
post #2 of 7

Smell it...does it still smell sweet and buttery? Then it's good. If it smells kind of rancid, it's bad. Sorry I can't tell you more than that. You are probably fine, though.

sambugjoebear Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 7

I've had cookie dough stay fresh in the fridge for a week before. You should be good. Just let it come to room temp (it will probably take about 1-2 hours). NFSC dough is very good, but it does get really hard after chilling, especially after pro-longed chilling. As long as it doesn't smell bad or taste bad (taste a tiny piece) you should be fine.

careylynn Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 7

sambugjoebear, do you have to have the dough at room temp to bake it? Well, I know you can bake it anyway, but is it better to do it that way? Does it spread less?

scp1127 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 7:21am
post #5 of 7

When I practice, I keep about six rolled out slabs of dough between parchment only in the refrigerator for about 10 days. I don't really mean for them to be eaten, but we eat every one and they are just as good. But I would't sell them.

sambugjoebear Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 7

careylynn~ It's best if the dough is still a little chilled when you work with it. I just usually forget to take it out soon enough and it gets too hard to work with, then let it sit on the counter and forget about it. LOL When it comes to room temp it really doesn't spread that much in the oven, but there's even less spreading when it's chilled.

MKinPA Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:40am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for your posts. It smelled good so I baked it and they were good. I just made them for us around the house, not a client. I didn't want to throw it away if I didn't have to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%