Adding Choc. Chips To The Wasc Recp.???...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 10:00pm by DefyGravity

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Cakers icon_biggrin.gif

I am making a cake this weekend and wanted some input. I use the WASC found on this site. I would like to add some Choc. Chips to the batter. Has anyone done this before with this recp.??

Just curious if it tasted good. And, if anyone had and bad issues with it, Tips would be great!!

Thanks,

Michael icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, I've done this many times. I tend to prefer mini chocolate chips because they don't sink in the batter while cooking as easily. If you use regular chocolate chips, I've found that giving them a good toss in an ziploc bag with some flour or a little of the dry cake mix before putting them in the batter also keeps them from sinking.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfSweets

Yes, I've done this many times. I tend to prefer mini chocolate chips because they don't sink in the batter while cooking as easily. If you use regular chocolate chips, I've found that giving them a good toss in an ziploc bag with some flour or a little of the dry cake mix before putting them in the batter also keeps them from sinking.

This is a good tip! The cake is for a 7 year old B-day. I figured the Choc. Chips would be a hit with the kids!!

Thanks,

Michael icon_biggrin.gif

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 4

I've done it with mini chocolate chips too icon_smile.gif Turns out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%