If You Were Feeling Desperate...

Business By Lenette Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 6:51pm by myslady

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 3

If you REALLY needed to get some orders on the books but had a major lack of funds to market what would you do?

Back story- my PT job was cut and it's not so easy to find another one to fit my life right now. The best thing I can see to do is get more orders in. If you have any ideas I would really appreciate it!

icon_smile.gif

2 replies
pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 3

I own a home-based business and get all of my customers through google, facebook, word of mouth, and networking. I designed a website and listed my business on google places. Then I worked on listing my business on all the bridal/party websites I could find (eventective.com, decidio.com, weddingwire.com, etc) and just did their free listings. I also started a facebook page, printed brochures, business cards, signs for the car, etc. Vista print is your best friend when it comes to these things as they have specials all the time for "free" things and all you need to pay is shipping. You could also make some samples and drop them off at various locations with some business cards.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 3

"Pound the pavement" with samples and let people know they get a discount or something free for placing an order today or by a certain date.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%