Whimsical Bakehouse Cake--Delicious!

Decorating By cutthecake Updated 24 Aug 2010 , 3:32am by cutthecake

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 6

Yesterday, we went to the Riviera Bakehouse, which is the home of the Whimsical Bakehouse bakers and cookbooks. Even though we weren't celebrating a birthday, we bought their signature cake (a small version of the birthday cake of the cookbook cover). It was delicious, light, moist and tasty! It was a chocolate cake with cookies & cream filling, covered in neon buttercream, and all the recipes are in the cookbook.
Even my non-cake-loving husband said it was the best chocolae cake he ever tasted.
Since I have the book, I must try the cake recipe. The Whimsical Bakehouse buttercream is my favorite frosting recipe, but I have not tried their cake recipes yet.

5 replies
CTamiLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTamiLynn Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 6

I just got their cookbook from Amazon last week and I can't wait to try the buttercream recipe and some of the cake recipes. I love how the icing is so shiny on their birthday cake.

cutthecake Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 6

I don't have high-ratio shortening. I have to order some tonight.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 1:24am
post #4 of 6

I have all 3 of their cookbooks and love them. I have gotten many a recipes from them.

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 1:53am
post #5 of 6

thumbs_up.gif I finally got around to trying their 'Whimsical Bakehouse' buttercream...OMG. It is so good. I used it on a doctored devils's food cake.....it was so GOOD. BTW, I used Crisco...and it worked wonderfully, for those who do not find high ratio shortening.

cutthecake Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 3:32am
post #6 of 6

I just made Kaye's Buttercream, and it's delicious, too. Not too sweet. Haven't cut the cake yet. And I can't wait!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%