Marshmallow Fondant

Decorating By melissa25 Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 3:43pm by yums

melissa25 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 1:31am
post #1 of 3

Hello Everyone I am new to the forum. icon_biggrin.gif I had a couple of questions about marshmallow fondant. Do I need to put it into the refrigerator after making it? if it does go in the refrigerator when should I take it out to use it and how do I make it workable after taking it out? One last thing how long is it good for? Thanks Melissa

2 replies
catlharper Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 2:42am
post #2 of 3

Hi Melissa,

You don't have to put it into the fridge but I usually do. Coat it in crisco then double wrap it and let it sit overnight before using. When you do go to use it just put in the microwave for a few seconds to a minute to warm it and soften it up so you can knead it. You will need to knead it for several minutes till it's soft and pliable enough to roll out smoothly. Refridgerated fondant stays fresh for 2 weeks guaranteed and up to one month. If you are saving it for making figures I have heard up to 6 mos and it will still be pliable. One good tip is not to throw away your trimmings...save them for figures/flowers instead!

HTH

Cat

yums Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 3

I never put my mmf in the refrigerator. I wrap in saran and put in a plastic bin and it lasts for months.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%