Whats The Best Way To Turn Fondant To Gumpaste

Decorating By denisel Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 4:36am by srkmilklady

denisel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denisel Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 5

im just wondering what the beat way to turn fondant to gumpaste. want to make a baby carriage topper and i need gumpaste.

4 replies
ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 5

gum paste recipe is totally different than fondant, you can fine recipe for gum paste on the back of the gum tex can, you might be talking about 50/50 that's what i use when making figurines/animals. gum paste is very fragile to work with, it has to connect at many point's you can do it on parchment, paper, or wax paper, and in layers so it holds up. and very carefully remove after a few day's to make sure it completely dry so you might want to make a few it breaks easily . or use the one recipe of fondant and 1 gum paste recipe and mix togerather good luck i use an easy fondant marshmallow fondant recipe

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 5

Gumpaste is so easy to make - and so much stronger and faster drying than fondant. I don't understand why people mess with trying to make fondant more like gumpaste. Just make gumpaste, and you'll be sure what you're getting. I swear by the Nicholas Lodge recipe. It's the best! Stronger and whiter than other recipes.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 1:29am
post #4 of 5

I add 1 tsp. of Tylose powder to 12 oz. of fondant. Works very well for me.

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 4:36am
post #5 of 5

I used to buy Wilton gumpaste, which I really didn't like working with. Then I took a Lorraine McKay figure making class and learned the "tylose to fondant" recipe and it's great! I don't have to worry about having both fondant and gumpaste around...just the fondant! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%