Best Dense And Moist Mini Cakes/cupcakes Recipes

Decorating By marv Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 1:57pm by marv

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I'll be baking my own mini cakes or cupcakes for my own wedding and
would need a really good, tested recipe for both chocolate and vanilla flavors.

I baked some cupcakes/mini cakes last night using Duncan Hines Devils Choc. flavor but came out really soft and fluffy. I used a cup of mayonnaise in place of the oil and added a tbsp. of Hershey's cocoa powder. It was delicious but It's obvious that the cakes can't handle the fondant that I'm thinking of using to cover the mini cakes because of it's too soft/fluffy. I think I need something dense to be able to handle the fondant cover.

Can someone be kind enough to share their choc./vanilla moist recipe that I can use for my mini cakes and the 8" wedding cake? I really would appreciate your help.

4 replies
staceytisdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceytisdale Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 5

I would love a good recipe also!!

mariyka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariyka Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 12:35am
post #3 of 5

I've just discovered some great cake recipes in the "Companies Coming" series books by Jean Pare. Its the one titled Cakes. Unfortunately its apparently out of print but libraries have them. The chocolate mocha cake is excellent, its moist,dense and holds up under fondant well. I'll be trying some of the others to get a nice white, yellow recipe. The chocolate one is a keeper for me.

buffy61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffy61 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 8:16am
post #4 of 5

Have a look on here under recipes...Deep Moist Chocolate Cake.
I have made this...it is lovely and keeps for at least 10days. I made this recipe today omitting the cocoa and replacing with 1/2cup flour and added more vanilla essence and then about 200gm melted white chocolate. Hoping this lasts as long as the chocolate version!! It sure smells great!!!

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%