Looking For A Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant That Works!

Baking By TheWhiskandSpoon Updated 22 Aug 2010 , 10:32pm by katibeth88

TheWhiskandSpoon Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 7:11am
post #1 of 2

I am looking for a recipe for chocolate marshmallow fondant so that I can make black fondant. I tried one that just added cocoa in replace of some of the icing sugar and it crumbled everywhere and cracked after it was put on the cake. I have found other recipes online that also called for melted chocolate but read reviews that other people had the crumbling problem still. Anyone have a recipe that works?

1 reply
katibeth88 Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 2

How do you make your MMF? I put a bag of the regular size (not miniature) jet-puffed marshmallows in a greased glass bowl, sprinkle 2 tbsp water over the top and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I then stir up the marshmallows until its all good and melted. I add 1 packet of Knox unflavored gelatin and mix really well. I then add 2 baker's chocolate squares to the mixture and mix until I get a solid color. Next you just add powdered sugar and knead until it's a good consistency.
I guess it would depend on your part of the country with different climates and all but this always makes good chocolate MMF for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%